Assembly Operative – Hardwicke Production Facility, Gloucestershire
Assembly Operative (Engines)
Sleeman & Hawken Ltd, a manufacturer and distributor of Lister Petter diesel engines, is looking to recruit an Assembly Operative (Engines) at our assembly facility in Hardwicke, Gloucestershire, to join us as soon as possible. The company is looking to offer a long-term position at our semi-modern facility which includes free on-site parking and a break-out area.
What will you be doing in your role?
- Assembling components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications.
- Loading and unloading parts
- Using various hand tools, including, screw drivers, torque wrenches, general purpose spanners, air powered tools to aid assembly
- Working at pace and taking a sense of pride in the presentation/finish of work
- Reading blueprints and verifying the parts required prior to assembly
- Double-checking connections to ensure they match and reporting any discrepancies to team leaders
- Informing supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem
- Familiarising yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment
- Communicating with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Maintaining and servicing all equipment when necessary
- Conserving resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste
What experience and skills are required for this position?
- Must have prior assembly experience
- Must be dexterous to use various hand tools
- Must be able to follow drawings and build instructions
- Must be able to work as part of a team and with limited supervision
- The ability to learn and have a willingness to acquire new skills
- All applicants are expected to be punctual, reliable and display a mature attitude to work
- Must be numerate and literate
- An interest in engines is preferred
- Due to the range of tools in the factory, you need to be 18+ and must have the right to work in the UK
On offer to the successful candidate
- The hours are 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday with 30 minutes for lunch, and 07:30 to 12:30 on Friday (37 hours a week).
- Pay is £10.50 per hour / £20,202 per year.
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays.
- 3% pension contribution
- Free on-site parking
Sleeman & Hawken Ltd are committed to equal opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job reference ID: 20221124SA